Love in the Spotlight

Valentine's Day has now come and gone and taking part in this shoot-out was the closest I came to taking part in the spirit of the day.  I've read blogs where women commented how unromantic their partners are.  It's not just the men, let me tell you.  When it comes to what seems to be the modern  romantic view of love, I'm way out of step.  But, as our prompt said, I definitely can't (and don't) deny feeling love. 

In fact looking at this weeks contributions has left me a bit soft and mushy (and that doesn't happen often!).  Even a little dreamy.  I've had no experience with snow scenes but I think they must be incredibly hard to photograph.  Rebecca's dreamy road looks perfect to me.  I can well imagine that one could love looking at a scene like that.


It seems right that churches should have featured prominently as a place people love about their town.  I've chosen Ruth's temple to feature. Her love for it showed in her words and in the images.  It really is charming and I appreciated the story of the temple, its origins and its beliefs.

Valentine's Day can bring a sadness, when it reminds one of a love lost. Barb lived that reality with the memory of a much loved pet.



Our next weekly theme is eating and drinking in my town.  A paragraph or two with photos featuring your favourite cafe, coffee shop or restaurant and that tells us why it appeals to you? (Barb)

Our weekly spotlighter is Mersad



Friday My Town Shoot Out is a group blog kept going by wonderful volunteers who love the idea of sharing our home towns and visiting other places through images. We welcome you to participate in our weekly link-ups and/or get more involved as one of our volunteers.

Comments

  1. Perfect selections Pauline. Nice commentary too. Rebecca's photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: