My Favorite Place to... Photos of the Week

Let me start by saying, I honestly thought the animal one would be the hardest. This shoot out brought out the best in you, fellow photographers.

I had a list of ten - TEN photos I absolutely loved. I had to cut that list in half. Oh, it was hard. Well, here they are, the spotlight photos in no particular order:

I loved this one of Gigi's. The reflection, the composition, the subject...what a beautiful photo.


Doreen swears there was no altering...this looks as rich and true as an oil painting.


Denise's clouds reflected in the ocean are just breathtaking.

Shabby Girl - who had a plethora of amazing photos - captured this perfect shot of a pelican (?) in flight.

And, Barry, who originally I picked his canoe photo for the unique angle. But, when I looked again, it was the repetition in this photo that made me decide this one deserved the spotlight.

As difficult as this is, I love doing this. I love it because you all inspire me, and I love it because I get to every blog. :) Every one who participated this week got a comment from me. And, I love that. Great shoot out!

Comments

  1. The chosen photos are the best among the best. I like them all especially the first, second, third, fourth, fifth. Oh I mentioned all. Great job @ Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices for Photos of the Week. I like the reflected clouds in Denise's photo, but Gigi, little kids have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the clouds. That was a zinger when I saw it on Denise's site. See how she avoided the 50/50 photo killer and focuses on the clouds in the water?

    I have not got around to everyone's Friday shootout yet. If I missed you please leave a post on my site. I try to use some kind of method to get to everyone, then I see something and get sidetracked. Also, I have company coming in tomorrow, a week early. So there is much to do.

    The shootouts I did see were all excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great photos - I do love this Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! To have one of MY photos picked by YOU is a real honor! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen, in my best Elvis voice, "Thank you, Thank you very much" What an honor to be chosen, whoo hoo!
    I so love all the photo's you picked this weeK I noticed the same thing about Barry's it jumped right out at me, the repetition is awesome. And Doreen's really did look like an oil painting. Funny how that was my first thoughts too. I didn't get to Denise or Shabby girls yet but I'm going there now after these two beautiful shots.
    Thanks yall, I love this Gang! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Gigi!! All of the pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - I am sooooo honored. I would love to become a better photographer since I have zip experience - just desire. thanks for choosing my photo and thanks for the photo lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in full agreement with your choices - also thought that this topic brought out the best in us. this week was a good combination of local spaces and personal notes. good job to all of us.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so thrilled and honored and humbled. I must say, I love my new camera. (got it in Feb) It is so smart and takes fantastic shots, but also not so good ones. I do use an auto tone correction with my program that came with my camera. All it does is adjust a part of a shadow in appropriate brightness while maintaining image detail.

    awesome choices of all the pics chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these choices too. Congratulations everyone. I must say that Doreen's photo was my favorite of the sites I visited. It really does look like a painting. It reminds of a Thomas Kincaid. Gigi's is great too. All are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful choices. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job Jen! These are all wonderful choices!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: